Facebook's Timeline Will Be Mandatory Soon
So this has been known for some time now that Facebook Timline will eventually convert. However, in the next few weeks, Facebook has announced that it will be a mandatory change. I managed to try it out about a month or so ago and have gotten used to it already. I don't have an imagination of a kid like I used to, so I figure I search to see if anyone has already designed some creative cover photos. You can definitely find some unique ones as I just combined my main profile picture to the cover photo to look like one full picture. I also photoshopped some other social network sites I have and small info about my other sites (I basically spammed myself on the cover photo - hint good way to promote yourself/biz *cough*).
Now, there has been rumors that Facebook will lose a lot of users because of this change, and how they have this whole 'mandatory' will make a huge impact. I understand that users are upset, but for a significant amount of people to quit Facebook? I highly doubt it. People will adapt, forgive and forget. Unless......Google+ somehow snagged Facebook users (like how Facebook did with MySpace ) Who knows!
So here's my personal take on some pro's and con's with Facebook's Timeline.Positives
- Fun, Creative, Unique Cover Photos
- Can quickly look back to your past and reminisce those nostalgic events
- Feature a post on your profile to get those people to notice it!!
- Little more organized, looks weird at first but you'll get used to it.
- If you didn't know, but plastering your personal photo as your cover photo will show to the public
- Timeline can reveal your dark past EASIER (better delete those old ex pictures and comments!)
- If you don't feature something, sharing something on your profile may seem smaller now since it's in 2 columns
- Might be hectic and confusing BECAUSE there's 2 columns